IELTS Speaking Topics- Part 1 - ielts coaching in chanadigarh

IELTS Speaking Topics- Part 1


On this page you will find general IELTS-speaking topics and sample answers.
My plan is to add this about once a month, so come back regularly for more general IELTS
speaking topics and sample answers.
Remember that these are personal questions and therefore you must give personal answers.
You may not remember answers, and if the examiner thinks you have done so, you will lose 
many points.


 ielts coaching in chandigarh

IELTS Speaking Topic # 1- Work

1 Do you work or study?
I graduated a couple of years back and I am presently in all day business.

2  What is your job?
I am as of now an English instructor working for the British Council in Ho Chi Minh City.

3  Why did you choose that job?
I was a lawyer before and found it really stressful and never had free time, so after I quit that job,
 I thought that teaching would be the opposite of being a lawyer, you do not know so stressful and  
more free time.


  1. Are there many English teachers in Ho Chi Minh City?
Oh yeah! There is a great demand for English as a second language here and it is also a
 relatively cheap place to live in comparison with many other major cities in Asia.

  1. Do you enjoy your work?
Mostly. It is very rewarding to be able to help people every day and the students here are
 very hard working and fun to teach, but sometimes you have lessons that go well and the
 money can always be better.

  1. Can you agree with your colleagues?
Yes fine. I do not really see work as part of my social life, so I do not socialize with them, 
so I think I can be nicer, but it's just my nature to be a bit colder with colleagues. I think it
is more professional to be like that.

  1. How was your first day at work?
There were many teachers who started at the same time as me, 10 I think, so we all had 
a big introduction day. The more experienced teachers held workshops with us to familiarize
 us with the different systems they had and then we went for a team dinner in the evening.

  1. What responsibilities do you have at work?
All teachers who bear the main responsibility are to plan good lessons and then learn them
 as well as possible. In addition, we have several administrators. perform tasks such as 
mark homework, fill in attendance lists and write reports.

  1. Do you want to change jobs in the future?
Yes, as I said before, I like to work alone, so I would like to be my own boss. I am currently
 working on developing my own website, so if I succeed, I will leave teaching and work
 full-time. This also gives me more time to work on other projects.

  1. What does your typical day look like at work?
Normally I have 2 or 3 lessons in the evening and start the day by carrying out all the
 planning at home. This normally takes an hour or two, depending on the lessons. 
After that I take the rest of the day to spend with my family, before I work around 3 to 
print my materials and then I teach all evening.

  1. What would you change about your job?
As with most English teachers, we need to teach about what is in the curriculum and 
this may mean that you learn some things that are rather boring or not very useful to 
your students, so I would like more freedom to teach outside the syllabus.

If you are looking best Ielts coaching in chandigarh than Join English pro .

0 comments:

Post a Comment